It was a really long trip but so different from when I’d last flown there.  We were in economy class of course but there were screens in the back of the seats in front of us so that we could watch the inflight movie/s or choose to watch the progress of the aeroplane on its flight.  Fantastic!  No more having to shut the windows so that nobody can watch the film on the big screen!


We got to San Francisco and changed planes to what R referred to as a crop duster.  It was indeed quite a bit smaller than the one we’d flown out on.  We had about 2 hours to wait and it was approximately 11pm, but we were hungry so treated ourselves to a pizza!  We nearly missed the flight because it went from I think Gate 16a and we found Gate 16 but no 16a.  We waited for a while and asked people but nobody seemed to know where it was.  Then with about half an hour to go before takeoff I decided to explore the waiting area, which was huge, and found in a corner, far away from Gate 16, a transport area to take us to Gate 16a.  I dashed back and dragged R across the concourse, and we flung ourselves down the ramp and into the waiting vehicle.  There had been no directions or announcements, we had been listening intently.

We weren’t late, but the people seeing us onto the transporter were a bit surprised that we hadn’t found it sooner, and didn’t seem the slightest bit concerned that we hadn’t shown up before we did.


It was quite a short and uneventful flight and a completely different experience from being in a big plane; I liked it best.  It reminded me a bit of the time I flew on a Dakota to Belgium and back for an air show – the organiser had got it wrong and the show had been the day before, so we’d missed it, but it was worth it for flying in the Dak!  However this aeroplane was built along totally different lines, and was much smaller. 


This internal flight was much friendlier, as you might expect, although once we’d taken off the engine noise precluded much small talk.  But it flew low over the ground and the view was magnificent.  Then we’d arrived, and collected our luggage.  We walked into the main building and there was S with two of her friends, who had come to meet us.  It was great to catch up with each other and introduce them to the Man In My Life!


About Linda Weeks

About my life with the daughter I thought I'd never have - but I did, thanks to a wonderful anonymous egg donor, to whom I will be forever grateful. xx
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s