R’s gone out for the morning so I’m catching up on a few chores. R’s Mum is coming round this afternoon and evening again, and has very kindly offered to do some ironing while I do the rest of the pumpkins.
So I’ve had time to defrost the chest freezer and repack things in there ready for the new blocks! The four blocks that I did yesterday have frozen nicely, so I’ve put those in already.
I also have some e-mails that I must catch up on, and some paperwork to do as well, plus R and I have to go through the photos of the archaeology dig so that we can number them to match the trench numbers, then we’ll be able to refer to them properly when we give our talk in a couple of weeks’ time. I have an idea for that – rather than just show them one after the other, I might collect them in trench and then date order and put them into PowerPoint, so that I can show how each hole progressed throughout the summer, perhaps by doing a soft merge or whatever it’s called, you know, the fade out and fade in technique.
It might not work but it’s worth a try – I’ll have a go, anyway!